Solutions based? Proactive? Keen to make a difference? This could be the role for you. No two days are the same in Welwyn Hatfield’s Property Maintenance & Climate Change Team! If you like genuine diversity in your Building Surveying work and are looking to learn new skills, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
What you will do!
You will work to ensure our voids are turned round quickly and to a high standard. To do this you will need to work with the contractor, Neighbourhoods, and allocation teams to keep everyone up to date with what stage each void is at while making sure the properties are the homes our tenants are expecting.
The Ideal Candidate
What will you need!
Formally qualified in Building Studies, you should be highly experienced in diagnosing building faults and providing cost-effective solutions. This will give you the ability to identify repairs, draw up specifications, make technical decisions and solve complex problems, and you should be knowledgeable regarding building standards and passionate about delivering customer focussed outcomes.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post.
Building Surveyor (Voids)
Starting salary £39,382pa with potential progression to £42,383pa inclusive on achieving designated skills and experience
37 hours per week (hybrid working)
About the Company
How you will benefit!
In return, we can offer you:
- Central locations in the Borough with excellent public transport links and local amenities
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme (Career Average Pension Scheme)
- The opportunity to buy and sell annual leave to increase work-life balance flexibility
- Annual leave ranging from 25 to 33 days per year plus Bank Holidays (dependent on grade and length of service)
- Access to the Council’s Flexi Time Scheme (post dependent) to achieve a healthy work life balance
- A structured induction program from day 1 to support your success in your role
- 24 hour a day access to the Employee Assistance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Closing date for applications is 5 November 2023.
Remote assessments will be held on date to be confirmed.
Interviews will be held on date to be confirmed.