Have you spent recent months reflecting on your life goals? Do you like variety, thinking on your feet, being creative and resolving issues? Are you customer focused, confident and logical with excellent communication skills?
If so, we are looking for someone to shine in a rewarding role that helps people live independently for a long as possible in their own home. This is a great opportunity to work with a group of great people!
Your duties will include visiting tenants, assessing their needs, producing support plans to help them achieve their goals and organising social events. You will also liaise with support services, facilitate social activities and ensure that access to services is exactly as it should be.
With strong listening and observational skills, as well as high standards of professionalism, you will be the first point of contact for visitors to the Scheme and will be responsible for inspecting and reporting any health and safety issues. The ideal candidate will have a passion and understanding of the needs of older people.
Excellent communication skills are required, as is some experience.
Please refer to the Role Profile for full details.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will put residents at the heart of everything you do
- You will care about what you do and the impact you have
- You will treat everyone with fairness, dignity, kindness and respect
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential in this post and DBS clearance.
Scheme Manager - ILO
Fixed term to 31.03.2024
Starting salary £24,286pa with potential progression to £26,125pa on achieving designated skills and experience (pay award pending)
About the Company
In return, we can offer you:
- Central locations in the Borough with excellent public transport links and local amenities
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme (Career Average Pension Scheme)
- The opportunity to buy and sell annual leave to increase work-life balance flexibility
- Annual leave ranging from 25 to 33 days per year plus Bank Holidays (dependent on grade and length of service)
- Access to the Council’s Flexi Time Scheme (post dependent) to achieve a healthy work life balance
- A structured induction program from day 1 to support your success in your role
- 24 hour a day access to the Employee Assistance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme